Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Karma, Full Circle

I had an incredibly interesting evening last night related to the store and my design work. While handling some details in the Bubbly *~s0c~* store (Island of Romance, see my picks), two transactions went through for the "American Beauty" ensemble. Now this isn't my best design, though made for Valentine's Day in a rose trimmed neckline and rose jacquard fabric. Even less a mystery was that I had it on special, however, two?

So later, I'm forcing the mania board which had the--and wow, thanks to all of you 100 visitors yesterday, and the other 100 the day before!--Blue Rose Jacquard shoes in it that it LOCKED TWICE before 9 pm SLT last night! I'm pushing those last few slaps in the store close to 9 pm SLT last night, and a lovely lady with white hair shows up, pointing another in the direction of the "American Beauty" ensemble. And she mentions bridesmaid dress. WOW! I discover that Verity has been married long enough in real life to celebrate one of those landmark occasions on which some couples choose to renew vows. And she's chosen my dress for this occasion, incredibly happy, telling me it's perfect, just what she had always wanted.

I also find out that when she was first married, she wanted ivory and wine colors, but her mother insisted on virginal white and powder blue. I was so moved by the bride's thwarted dream that I started brainstorming to her about a possible wedding gown coordinated with the "American Beauty" and she loves the idea. I already have a custom project now after grand opening, and Verity is one of the kindest most forthright people you could ever meet.

I have said many times that SL is about relationships, and anyone who's been in my store knows I live that with them every day.

I so enjoy design work, but more than that, I enjoy how my patrons enjoy it. It's like making Christmas gifts and watching as people open exactly what they had wanted for a year or more.

So Verity got an excellent deal on the bulk dresses, but I'm sure I got the better deal by meeting someone like her :) I'm so proud to be an integral part of her day. I'll share pics in comments!